Wednesday, May 9, 2012

New Video: Leah Labelle "Sexify"

You may recognize Leah Labelle from American Idol years ago, but now she's back on Pharrell's label to release her new album. JoJo makes a cameo along with Jermaine Dupre. Leah sits on the phone with a girlfriend explaining why her man will always come back home. I thought the video could have been a little better and more detailed. I love this song and for me it didn't do it justice. For one I hated that Jermaine knocked all loud on the door in the middle of her 2nd verse. Aren't we supposed to be selling the song here? Also since she was in the closet dancing around...why not have her trying on different hot outfits and in the end going to the door to open it and find her hot man there waiting. The point is to let us know her man will always come back home, but no man ever came home? lol Overall I thought it was cute for her first video. Now as for JoJo I can't say how disappointed I am that they still haven't figured out how to handle her career. Between the weak singles and ZERO promo besides a Clearasil commercial I don't know what they are thinking. I personally have given up the idea that her album will see a store shelf any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment